To read Lenah's story from the beginning, just go to the side bar under blog archive and start reading from May 2013.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

 I almost made it through Mother's Day without crying. Almost.  We had a nice day together as a family. James took us for an early dinner at a very nice Cajun Seafood restaurant.  He left from there to drive back to Houston to get ready for his work week.  As I was driving back to the the Lakehouse it hit me. My first Mother's Day without Lenah. We miss her so much. Sarah still talks about her almost every day.  I know the others think about her as often, they just don't say anything because they don't want to make anyone else cry.  I don't cry every day anymore. I am down to about two out of every three.

Please don't think I walk around under a cloud. I don't.  We are actually getting along very well as a family right now.  Homeschooling is going well. We have had a lot of nice adventures recently. Last week we saw a theatre production about Laura Ingalls Wilder at our local college.  We all enjoyed it.  This week we plan to visit our local farmer's market.  We also plan to try our hands at trout fishing. I have never fished for trout before. Feel free to share any trout fishing pointers you have in the comments below.

I hope all you mothers out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment