To read Lenah's story from the beginning, just go to the side bar under blog archive and start reading from May 2013.

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wonder

I have posted this video previously to my facebook page.  When this song first came out in 1996 I would cry and belt this song out with her on the radio every time I heard it.  It touched me deeply every single time I heard it.  It still does.  Our dear friend Rachel posted this song back in August. She also said that she had been singing this song and praying for Lenah all weekend long.  Every time Lenah has overcome some episode this song comes to mind.  The same precious friend sent me this message back in May after out first fetal echocardiogram diagnosing her heart condition.:

Edie, 
"His grace is sufficient for me" is the verse that I've held on to for many years. I'd like to bring your attention to what God says right after that, "for My strength is made perfect in weakness." God has allowed your beautiful baby to be weak so that His strength will be perfected in your child and in you. Right after that Paul says, "Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." Notice Paul said that the weakness and infirmity is allowed specifically so that THE POWER OF CHRIST WOULD REST UPON HIM. Edie, I believe that God is uniquely setting the stage for you and your child to receive a huge blessing. Through this weakness and infirmity, Almighty God's power is going to rest upon both you and your child. This infirmity is simply a door for Jesus' power to manifest. I believe it to be true. Hold on to that entire verse and you are going to see the manifestation of power from The Lord God in a way that only God can perform. Also remember, "He who has begun a good work in you will perform it." He began this magnificent life in you and He WILL bring it to completion. Edie, I know that you know the bible and that you already know the things that I have shared with you. I just also know that in times when we are in need, it is helpful to have encouragement from our brother's and sister's in Christ. I love you and I continue to pray for you and your family.
 Love, Rachel

I know that the Lord is doing an amazing thing in our lives right now. Some days it is hard to see this reality.  I don't know what Lenah's future holds, but I do know Who holds her future.  His ways don't make sense to our human understanding.
 
I really love this version of the song.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment