To read Lenah's story from the beginning, just go to the side bar under blog archive and start reading from May 2013.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday, November 18, 2013 Update

Lenah had a good day today.  She has been resting well.  Her abdominal surgery has been moved to Wednesday.  Since her surgery is kind of elective, she will be bumped if any emergency cases come in.  There is another case scheduled before her on Wednesday, so she will be the second case of the day, rather than having a set surgery time.  They have also decided that they will do a cholangiogram in addition to the intestinal surgery and g-tube placement.  As far as I know, they are not planning to do a liver biopsy.  They only mentioned the cholangiogram.  I am a bit nervous, but it will be good to know conclusively if she has any obstructions in her bile ducts, biliary atresia or preferably NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Here are today's liver labs (and the previous one for comparison.):

Mon 11/11                               Thur 11/14                            Mon 11/18
GGT  1132                                    887                                    909
AST   249                                     356                                    287
ALT  256                                      294                                    232
Conj Bili  7.6                               6.6                                       5.2
Unc Bili   1.9                                 1.9                                     1.2

I would like to see much lower GGT levels, but the decrease in bilirubin levels is very encouraging.  Lenah's weight was 8 pounds and 14.9 ounces as of last night.  Here she is today all swaddled in her blanket.
Please continue to pray for Baby F and Baby E. Thank you for praying for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment