To read Lenah's story from the beginning, just go to the side bar under blog archive and start reading from May 2013.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Friday Night, September 27, 2013

Guess whose momma got to hold her when she came to visit?

This girl's!


I was so happy to find that Lenah was off of the CPAP and on a high flow nasal canula.  They had also removed her femoral line.  The nurses said she had been fussy earlier (I think she missed her momma) and her O2 levels had gone down and they were concerned that they might have to put her back on the CPAP.  She also had not made poopy since the formula change and were planning to give her a glycerin suppository (NO FUN!).  BUT, momma finally showed up around 11PM and when I checked her diaper it was very messy.  So, no suppository!  YAY!
  I can't not even begin to tell you how good it was to be able to hold my baby.  She slept so soundly in my arms and her oxygen stayed in the high end of her range the whole time.  I really did not want to leave her. About half-way through my visit she needed to be weighed and have her bed changed, so I ran to get my camera and she decided to wake up and pose for me.  What a good baby!
  I know somebody prayed that I'd get to hold my baby very soon.  Thank you.  He hears.
  We plan to take the children to the hospital tomorrow to visit Lenah.  Please pray that they will all have a positive experience.  The hospital can be a scary place at times.

This picture was taken while she was being weighed.  She is jaundiced as you can see.  Her incisions are healing very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment