To read Lenah's story from the beginning, just go to the side bar under blog archive and start reading from May 2013.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

September 13th UPDATE

  Wow, it has been a very long 48 hours. Lenah Olivia Wray was delivered by c-section at 9:03 AM Thursday, September 12, 2013. She weighed 7lbs 3 oz. I do not yet know her length. Her apgar scores were 8 and 9. She is doing very well at this time. Her oxygen stats are staying up pretty well and they even decided to feed her today. Sometimes, they do not feed babies with Lenah's heart condition by mouth until after their first heart surgery. I was able to see her briefly in the operating room and hopefully will be able to see her in the CVICU tomorrow.
  I started hemorrhaging a couple of hours after she was delivered and had to be taken back into the OR under general anesthesia for a D&C and a balloon catheter was placed to prevent bleeding. We are waiting on a final hemoglobin count in the morning to decide if I need a blood transfusion or not. My count had dropped from 12 pre-birth down to 6 or 7 after the hemorrhage. I spent Thursday evening and Friday morning in kind of a hazy blur. I experienced some pretty scary moments yesterday and I really appreciate all of you praying for me. I feel very weak and extremely sore, but am beginning to feel more like my self. I do not know how long they plan to keep me here in the hospital, but I will post as I know more.

At this time, the big consult for Lenah's treatment plan is scheduled for Monday morning. James was told that after looking at her first trans thoracic echo cardiogram her aortic arch is indeed very small and she will most likely need a single ventricular path of repair. So it looks like we are looking at having the Norwood procedure done very soon. We will let you all know more as we have more information.
Now, for pictures!





No comments:

Post a Comment