To read Lenah's story from the beginning, just go to the side bar under blog archive and start reading from May 2013.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11th Update

Friends and Family: Yesterday morning I was admitted to the hospital because my blood pressure was very high at my weekly OB appointment. They also found protein in my urine. I have been monitored overnight and they are checking my kidney function as well. I was hoping that I would get to go home today after the results comeback from the 24 hour urine test they are doing. It seems, though that even if the results are good, they want to keep me here on bedrest, but if they are not good they will want to deliver Lenah in the morning. I had really hoped that I would be able to go home and do some last minute prep things and actually pack my hospital bag before it was time for the baby to be here. Looks like that probably won't happen. I am currently 37 weeks plus one day gestation. Even though that is considered full term, I was hoping that Lenah could gestate as long as possible for her neurological and organ development to give her the best fighting chance for living well on the outside. Please pray that all of us would make the very best decisions regarding care for all of us. Please also pray for my children at home that things will go well for them, too. I miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment